View the downloadable version of our how to fix your Samsung Infuse screen guide
This is the Samsung Infuse i997 take apart repair guide. Following this guide will help you take apart the Samsung Infuse i997 fairly easily in a step by step manner giving you a chance to replace faulty parts. Once you have replaced the parts you want, the guide can be used in reverse to put everything back together again.
This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Infuse i997 parts:
Samsung Infuse i997 take apart/repair guide:
- To get in started, make sure that the device is off and remove the back battery cover. Also remove the battery, the memory card, and the sim card.
- Now, we have six (6) small Phillips screws to remove as shown in Figure 1.
- With the screws released, turn the phone over and use a safe open pry tool between the screen assembly and back housing.
- Use a safe open pry tool as shown on Figure 2 to release the clips and remove the back housing.
- We have two (2) small Phillips screws that need to be removed - located in orange in Figure 3. Use a safe open pry tool to release the four (4) pop connectors (red) on the motherboard.
- You can now ease off the motherboard carefully, being sure not to rip any cables.
- Now, use a heat gun or hair dryer to warm the adhesive holding the screen assembly to the front housing. Use medium heat on the front of the screen, consistently moving around the screen edges. This should take no longer than 1 minute.
- Use a safe open pry tool to release the screen assembly from the housing. Reheat if the adhesive is still strong.
- Remove the screen from the housing and replace.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.