Blackberry Storm 2 Speaker Replacement Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
This video repair guide will walk you through replacing the ear and loud speaker on your Blackberry Storm 2 9550. The RepairsUniverse team has set up an easy to follow guide to repairing your audio speakers and making your Storm 2 9550 sound new again!
This guide will help you to install the following Blackberry Storm 9550 / 9520 replacement parts:
- Blackberry Storm 2 9550 Earpiece Speaker Replacement
- Blackberry Storm 2 9550 Loud Speaker Replacement
Blackberry Storm 2 9550 Earpiece Speaker Replacement Guide:
Note: Some speakers may need to be raised, using adhesive, to give full contact with the connectors. You may attempt to re-use the previous adhesive from an old speaker, but fresh adhesive is recommended.
Blackberry Storm 2 9550 LCD & Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement Guide:
Blackberry Storm 2 9550 Speaker Replacement Summary:
Using this summary in correlation with the video will insure proper instructions are given and a safe repair is made.
- Remove the battery and the sim card from the phone. Using the safe pry tool, lift off the camera lens cover.
- Turn the phone over and using the safe pry tool do the same on the bottom section of the phone right underneath the keys. Use a T6 Torx to remove the two screws that underneath the cap you?ve just removed
- Turn the phone over and remove the four T6 Torx screws. Once the screws have been removed, use the safe prying tool and run along from the front and back cover of the phone released in the clips. There are three clips on each side.
- Once all of the clips have been released you now remove the top cover of the phone. Just be careful as it is still connected to the antenna cable which is just a small cap connection.
- The antenna cable is connected to the top left part of the phone. Turn the phone over and remove the back cover, easily pull it away.
- Remove the old speaker and replace with new speaker. Use, or reuse, adhesive to hold the speaker in place and give it full contact with the connectors..
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.