Blackberry Storm 9530 & 9500 Replacement LCD Screen Repair Instructions
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
The RepairsUniverse.com team have produced the repair guide video below showing how to install a Blackberry Storm replacement LCD screen & touch screen digitizer on your Blackberry 9530 & 9500 phone. This video takes you through the steps required to repair your phone and shows how easy it is to install a replacement LCD screen if you have cracked or damaged your screen or broken your touch screen digitizer. All repair tools and Blackberry replacement parts shown in this video are available here on our website.
This guide will help you to install the following Blackberry Storm 9530 / 9500 replacement parts:
- Blackberry Storm 9530 / 9500 LCD & Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement - Version 1
- Blackberry Storm 9530 / 9500 LCD & Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement - Version 2
- Blackberry Storm 9530 / 9500 Motherboard Flex Cable Replacement
- Other Blackberry Storm 9500 / 9530 Replacement Parts
Blackberry Storm 9530 / 9500 LCD Scren Replacement Guide:
Blackberry Storm 9500 / 9530 LCD Screen Replacement Summary:
Using this summary in correlation with the video will insure proper instructions are given and a safe repair is made.
- Remove the battery and the sim card from the phone. Using the safe pry tool, lift off the camera lens cover.
- Turn the phone over and using the safe pry tool do the same on the bottom section of the phone right underneath the keys. Use a T6 Torx to remove the two screws that underneath the cap you?ve just removed
- Turn the phone over and remove the four T6 Torx screws. Once the screws have been removed, use the safe prying tool and run along from the front and back cover of the phone released in the clips. There are three clips on each side.
- Once all of the clips have been released you now remove the top cover of the phone. Just be careful as it is still connected to the antenna cable which is just a small cap connection.
- The antenna cable is connected to the top left part of the phone. Turn the phone over and remove the back cover, easily pull it away. Next using a safe pry tool lift the pop ribbon connector that is the connector for the LCD screen.
- You can now remove the LCD screen and replace it.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.