HTC One S Repair Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
Disassemble your HTC One S using this repair guide from RepairsUniverse. We walk you through each step necessary to quickly repair a damaged screen and get your HTC smartphone working like new again! Following this written guide will help your get your One S working like new again!
This guide will help you install the following HTC One S part (s):
- Safe Pry Opening Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- T5 Torx Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips
- Heat Gun/Hair Dryer
HTC One S Repair Guide:
How to Fix a HTC One S (Step-by-Step):
- The first step will be to power off your device. From there you will need to remove the upper back cover, using upward pressue, remove the cover. Remove the sim card.
- Remove the bottom cover using safe pry tool. There will be a adhesive holding the cover in place.
- With both covers removed you will need to remove 6 screws located under the covers, 2 will be Torx T5 (red; figure 1) screws and 4 will be Small Phillips (yellow; figure 1) screws.
- Use safe pry tool to separate the silver metal housing.
- Pull the motherboard and screen assembly from the housing.
- Once the housing is removed you now have access to the battery and motherboard. Release the upper battery connector (orange in figure 2). Now use a safe open pry tool to remove the battery.
- Witht he battery removed you will need to release the 5 connections (red) as shown in figure 2. There will also be 2 screws that will need to be removed (yellow; figure 2).
- With the screws released, removee the upper cover around the camera. You can now remove the mothereboard from the screen assembly.
- Flip the phone over and use a heat gun or hair dryer to warm the adhesive hold the screen assembly in place. Use a safe open pry tool to separate the screen assembly from the front housing. Reheat the adhesive if necessary.
- Once all 4 sides are released, carefully feed the screen assembly flex cable through the slots in the housing. You can now fully remove the screen assembly.
- Separate the screen assembly by using your heat gun or hair dryer and warm the outside edges of the LCD screen. You can then carefully use a pry tool to separate the two screens.
Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.
Applying Adhesive to the Touch Screen Digitizer:
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.