HTC Sensation XL Take Apart Repair Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
View the downloadable version of our how to fix a HTC Sensation XL screen guide.
In the following guide the Repairs Universe team shows how to disassemble and take apart the HTC Sensation XL. This guide should however enable anyone to take apart the HTC Sensation XL safely and easily giving them a chance to replace damaged screen or broken parts to repair their phone.
This guide will help you install the following HTC Sensation XL part (s):
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillip screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Replacements)
- Heat Gun/Hair Dryer
HTC Sensation XL take apart/repair guide:
- The first step is to turn off your phone and remove the back cover and also the battery
- Remove the ten (10) screws using the small Phillips screwdriver.
- Use a safe pry tool to remove the middle cover
- You can now remove the 2 antenna cables and after that disconnect the mainboard connector.
- Remove the one (1) screw using the small Phillips screwdriver circled in Red.
- At this point you should be able to lift up the mainboard slightly away and disconnect the 2 connectors circled in Yellow in Figure 2.
- The next step is to remove the camera cover as well the vibrate motor circled in Green..
- Disconnect the display connector. Lift up the power button and the volume button located in Blue.
- Once the buttons release you can now remove the full motherboard.
- Use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat the display module and carefully separate the display from middle plate and touch screen digitizer.
Applying Adhesive to the Touch Screen Digitizer:
Now you will be able to replace any parts on your HTC Sensation XL. Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.