HTC Surround Take Apart Repair Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
View the downloadable version of our how to fix your HTC Surround screen guide.
This video guide shows how to take apart and disassemble the HTC T8788 Surround cell phones. This shows the method used to quickly and safely open your phone so you can install a replacement LCD screen and glass touch screen digitizer. This guide has been designed and put together by the Repairs Universe team.
This guide will help you to install the following HTC Surround replacement parts:
- HTC Surround Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- HTC Surround LCD Screen Replacement Display
- Other HTC Surround Replacement Parts
HTC T8788 Surround disassembly guide:
- First of all remove the back cover of the phone. Remove the micro SD card and the battery from the phone as well.
- Remove the five (5) screws at the back and four (4) screws on the sides - 2 on each side as shown in figure 1.
- Remove the bottom plastic cover and then begin prying around the outside edges of the device to release the back housing.
- Release the bottom section of the motherboard and remove the one screw. Release the pop connector located under the motherboard flex as shown in figure 2.
- Now, proceed to the top of the motherboard, near the camera and begin releasing the tape on the left side of the device, holding the motherboard in place. Carefully pry the upper portion of the motherboard up and release the one screw underneath.
- With the phone slid closed, begin slowly prying around the motherboard to fully release it from the front screen assembly as shown in figure 3.
- You can now heat the front of the screen assembly to warm the adhesive. Use a heat gun or hair dryer on a medium setting for about 45 seconds, using quick movements around the outside edges.
- Use a safe open pry tool to pry between the touch screen digitizer and front frame, carefully releasing it from the housing. Reheat if necessary.
- Carefully release the touch screen flex cable from the back of the screen assembly and feed it through the housing to fully remove the digitizer.
- You can now replace the touch screen digitizer or LCD.
Applying Adhesive to the Touch Screen Digitizer:
Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.