HTC Tattoo Take Apart Repair Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
This take apart repair guide for the HTC Tattoo has been compiled by the RepairsUniverse team. This guide has been put together and will help you install replacement parts to repair your damage phone safely and quickly.
This guide will help you install the following HTC Tattoo part (s):
- HTC Tattoo Touch Screen Digitizer
- Safe Pry Opening Tool
- T5 Torx Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Repair)
- Heat Gun/Hair Dryer
HTC Tattoo Take Apart Guide
- First, remove the back cover, the battery, and the memory card.
- Use safe pry tool to remove the rear bottom cover of your HTC Tattoo.
- Remove the front cover by releasing the clips holding the housing in place using a safe open pry tool. There will be three (3) latches on each side. Release one side to remove the housing.
- Remove four (4) screws using Torx T5 screwdriver located at the back of your HTC Tattoo in each corner.
- Next is use the safe pry tool to separate the back housing to the rest of the device..
- Motherboard is now fully separated. Remove the tape that covers the display connector. Once it is remove, you can now start release the jaw connector of the LCD screen to the motherboard.
- Next, remove the tape that covers the touch screen connection. Once it is totally remove, disconnect the touch screen cable.
- Next is to remove the volume control of your HTC Tattoo and squeeze latch mounting the motherboard and remove it.
- Now remove the mounting frame screen at the right side of the screen using safe pry tool. The LCD screen is now totally separated from the digitizer.
- To remove the touch screen, you can now heat the front of the screen assembly to warm the adhesive. Use a heat gun or hair dryer on a medium setting for about 45 seconds, using quick movements around the outside edges.
- Use a safe open pry tool to pry between the touch screen digitizer and front frame, carefully releasing it from the housing. Reheat if necessary.
- You are now able to replace the touch screen digitizer.
Applying Adhesive to the Touch Screen Digitizer:
Now you will be able to replace any parts on your HTC Tattoo. Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.