HTC Thunderbolt Take Apart Repair Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
This is a video repair guide put together by the RepairsUniverse team for the HTC Thunderbolt. If you are planning to repair your Thunderbolt, this guide will save you many headaches and hassles. This guide provides you with all the knowledge to safely and quickly repair your HTC smartphone's LCD screen and touch screen glass digitizer.
This guide will help you to install the following HTC Thunderbolt parts:
- HTC Thunderbolt Touch Screen Glass Digitizer
- HTC Thunderbolt LCD Display Screen
- HTC Thunderbolt Front Housing
- HTC Thunderbolt Volume Button
- HTC Thunderbolt Loud Speaker
- HTC Thunderbolt Ear Speaker
HTC Thunderbolt Screen Replacement Video Guide:
We recommend fully watching the video before starting the repair, and then pausing / rewinding and reviewing when needed.
Simply reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.
Applying Adhesive to the Touch Screen Digitizer:
HTC Thunderbolt Written Summary:
Following this written guide, in correlation to the video will insure proper instructions are given and a safe repair is made.
- First step will be to remove the back battery cover, battery, sim card, and memory card. Now remove the six small phillips screws from the back housing. Use a safe pry tool to gently lift the small cover from the bottom of the screen, you can now remove the two small phillips screw hidden underneath.
- Unclip the front housing from the rest of the phone using your hands or a safe open pry tool. Remove the two small phillips screws that were hidden from the back housing. You can now real ease the clips on the bottom of the frame and completely remove the back housing.
- Use a safe open pry tool to release the jaw connector from the bottom of the motherboard. Flip the motherboard, being cautious not to damaged the other flex cables. Remove the tape covering the 2 other jaw connectors which can now be released and the motherboard removed.
- Heat the front of the touch screen using a heat gun or hair dryer. Once the adhesive is warm, pry along the bottom edge and flip the touch screen away from the rest of the phone. Careful as it is still held in place by a flex cable. Warm the adhesive holding the LCD screen in place. Pry the LCD screen away from the metal frame and remove the touch screen and LCD screen from the frame.
- Peel the digitizers flex cable away from the LCD screen and you can now replace either screen to repair your phone.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.