HTC Touch S1 Take Apart Repair Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
The RepairsUniverse team designed a take apart repair guide to show how to disassemble the HTC Touch S1 quickly and safely. This repair guide has been put together and will help you install replacement parts to repair your damage phone.
This guide will help you install the following HTC Touch S1 part (s):
- HTC Touch S1 Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- HTC Touch S1 LCD Screen Replacement
- Safe Pry Opening Tool
- T5 Torx Screwdriver
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Repair)
- Remove the back cover by pushing it upwards and sliding it off. Remove the battery and the stylus.
- Next, use T5 Torx Screwdriver to remove the 4 screws at each corner of the main chassis. Then remove the rear speaker at the top of the main chassis by lifting it off.
- To remove the front housing, use safe pry tool and move around all the edges to release all of the catches. Then gently lift the connection from the motherboard to fully separate the front housing.
- Next, disconnect the red and black wired connection from the motherboard. Then gently pull the pop connection upwards to totally separate the motherboard from the back housing.
- To remove the LCD screen, you need first to disconnect it. First remove the yellow tape that cover the connection, then open the catch holding the ribbon cable and pull it out. The LCD screen can now be remove from the motherboard after pulling the connection.
- To remove the digitizer, you need to first disconnect the connection from the motherboard behind the keypad by simply pulling the connection using safe pry tool.
- Use small Phillips screwdriver and remove 2 screws then use safe pry tool and lift up to fully remove the keypad.
- The digitizer can now be remove. Use a heat gun or hair dryer to warm the adhesive holding the screen assembly to the front housing. Use medium heat on the front of the screen, consistently moving around the screen edges. This should take no longer than 1 minute. Reheat if necessary.
- Use safe pry tool or push it forwards from behind by pushing on the corners.
- Remove the screen from the housing and replace.
Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.
Applying Adhesive to the Touch Screen Digitizer:
Now you will be able to replace any parts on your HTC Touch S1. Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.