iPod Nano 3rd Generation Battery Repair Replacement Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
The RepairsUniverse.com team have created these video instructions to guide you through the installation process for a replacement iPod Nano 3rd Generation battery to repair your Nano MP3 player.
This guide will help you to install the following iPod Nano 3rd Generation part(s):
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Soldering Iron
iPod Nano 3rd Generation Battery Replacement Repair Guide:
Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your iPod Nano.
Apple iPod Nano 3rd Generation Battery Replacement Summary:
Using this summary in correlation with the video will insure proper instructions are given and a safe repair is made.
- Using a plastic safe pry tool run this along all sides of the iPod releasing clips. Remove the back cover from the Nano.
- You have the access to the six screws which need to be removed with a small Phillips screwdriver. Remove the click wheel ribbon cable from the jaw connector, to do this use a safe pry tool to lift the jaw connector.
- You can use a pair of twisters to gently remove the ribbon cable from the jaw. Remove the small metal clips around the headphone jack.
- The screws and ribbon cable has been released you can remove the motherboard from the iPod. The battery is glued to the iPod. Use a safe pry tool to pry apart the battery from the iPod. Once separated lift and move to one side be careful as it still connected to the motherboard.
- Turn the motherboard and battery over and you will see the three points where the battery is soldered to the motherboard using a thin nose soldering iron heat this entire connections one of the time and then gently remove the battery.
- To install a new battery again attached one cable at time making sure the cable is on the correct color order.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.