iPod Touch 1st Generation Digitizer Screen Repair Replacement Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
This video shows the steps required to replace the glass screen digitizer on the Apple iPod Touch 1st Generation. We hope you find this take apart guide useful and that it helps you complete your repair installation quickly and safely.
This guide will help you to install the following Apple iPod Touch 1st Gen part(s):
- iPod Touch 1st Gen Glass Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- iPod Touch 1st Gen Glass Lens Replacement
Apple iPod Touch 1st Generation Touch Screen Glass Digitizer Screen Repair Take Apart Guide:
Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your iPod.
Apple iPod Touch 1st Generation Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement Summary:
Using this summary in correlation with the video will insure proper instructions are given and a safe repair is made.
- Use a safe pry tool release along the edges of the iPod touch releasing the clips. Remove the back cover from the iPod touch. Release the battery and release the glue using a safe pry tool along the edges and gently pry the battery out.
- Remove the black tape from the bottom of the iPod. Remove the 3 screws using a small Phillips screwdriver. Remove the last screw which is hidden beneath the battery. Remove the metal shielding using a safe open pry tool.
- Remove the 2 screws using a small Phillip screwdriver. Release the 2 ribbons and open the pop connectors and gently lift up using a safe pry tool. Release the small board from the bottom of the iPod and gently pry it off using a safe pry tool.
- Pull back the ribbons and motherboards using a safe pry tool and start removing the 8 screws on each side from the iPod using small Phillips screwdriver. Lift the LCD screen out using a safe pry tool and remove from the unit. Release the small board from the bottom of digitizer and gently pry it off using safe pry tool.
- Heat the digitizer using a heat gun or hot hair dryer to easily separate the digitizer and the mid section. Once the glue has been heated use a safe pry tool to run along the edges the digitizer from the mid section. Once you released the adhesive push the screen away from the mid section.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.