iPod Touch 1st Generation LCD Screen Repair Replacement Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
Here the RepairsUniverse.com team have produced video instructions to guide you through the installation process for a replacement iPod Touch 1st Generation LCD screen to repair your iTouch MP3 player.
This guide will help you to install the following Apple iPod Touch 1st Gen part(s):
Apple iPod Touch 1st Generation LCD Screen Repair Take Apart Guide:
Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your iPod.
Apple iPod Touch 1st Generation LCD Display Replacement Summary:
Using this summary in correlation with the video will insure proper instructions are given and a safe repair is made.
- Use a safe pry tool release along the edges of the iPod touch releasing the clips. Remove the back cover from the iPod touch. Release the battery and release the glue using a safe pry tool along the edges and gently pry the battery out.
- Remove the black tape from the bottom of the iPod .Remove the 3 screws using a small Phillips screwdriver. Remove the last screw which is hidden beneath the battery.
- Remove the metal shielding from the MP3 plot using the safe pry tool. Remove the 2 screws using a small Phillip screwdriver.
- Release the 2 ribbons and open the pop connectors and gently lift up using a safe pry tool. Release the small board from the bottom of the iPod and gently pry it off using a safe pry tool.
- Pull back the ribbons and motherboards using a safe pry tool and start removing the 8 screws on each side from the iPod using small Phillips screwdriver.
- Release the LCD screen using safe a pry tool to pry it off and you can now replace the screen.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.