iPod Touch 2nd Generation LCD Screen Repair Replacement Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
View the downloadable version of our how to fix your iPod Touch 2G screen guide
The RepairsUniverse.com team have created these video instructions to guide you through the installation process for a replacement iPod Touch 2nd Generation LCD screen to repair your iTouch MP3 player
This guide will help you to install the following iPod Touch 2nd Generation part(s):
iPod Touch 2nd Generation LCD Screen Display Repair Guide:
Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your iPod.
Apple iPod Touch 2nd Generation LCD Display Screen Replacement Summary:
Using this summary in correlation with the video will insure proper instructions are given and a safe repair is made.
- Remove the screen from the iPod touch. Use a safe pry tool and run it between the backing of the phone and the glass. Run as along all edges to release the clips. Gently pull away the digitizer from the rest of the iPod (be careful as it still attached by a small ribbon cable).
- Use a safe pry tool to gently pry off to release the ribbon cable. Once done you separate the digitizer from the rest of the iPod.
- Remove a small Phillip screw from the metal frame. Using a safe pry tool lift up the thin foil from the top of the LCD screen and continue to lift up the LCD screen from the bottom being careful as it still holding from the ribbon cable .
- Remove the seven small Phillips screws from the metal frame. Release the pop connector ribbon to the LCD screen and it is located at right above of the dock port of the iPod.
- Using a safe pry tool start to release the clips along the sides of the iPod. Once released you need to remove the metal frame
- Once you removed the LCD screen from the iPod you can now replace for the LCD.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.