Motorola Flipside Repair Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
The RepairsUniverse team now offers this written repair guide to assist you in taking apart your Motorola Flipside as well as replacing damaged or broken parts on your phone. Follow each step as listed to be able to safely install new parts on your phone, such as a touch screen digitizer or other parts. Please read the entire guide from start to finish before beginning repair on your phone.
This guide will help you install the following Motorola Flipside part (s):
- Motorola Flipside Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- Motorola Flipside LCD Screen Replacement
- And Motorola Flipside Replacement Parts
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- T5 Torx Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Replacements)
- Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer
Motorola Flipside Take Apart Repair Guide:
- Remove the back battery cover. You will now have access to the battery, sim card, and memory card. All of which need to be removed.
- Remove the five (5) torx T5 screws on the back housing, as shown in figure 1.
- Use a safe open pry tool to release the clips holding the back housing in place. Carefully run the pry tool around the edges and pop the housing off.
- Carefully pry the motherboard from the housing. Lift it gently to gain access to the flex cable that is attached on the back side of the board. Release this cable.
- On the screen section, remove the four (4) torx T5 screws holding the slide portion in place.
- With the slide removed, use a safe open pry tool to remove the back plate of the screen assembly. Carefully release the clips holding it into place.
- Now, disconnect the LCD and touch screen digitizer flex cable from the slide flex cable. With these cables removed you can now remove the LCD screen from the screen assembly.
- You are now left with the touch screen digitizer with front housing. Use a heat gun or hair dryer to warm the adhesive holding the screen in place. Use quick movements on medium heat for about 45 seconds around the outside edges.
- Use a safe open pry tool to release the touch screen from the frame. Reheat the adhesive if necessary.
- You can now replace the touch screen digitizer or other internal parts.
Applying Adhesive to the Touch Screen Digitizer:
Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.