Sony Ericsson Vivaz Take Apart Repair Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
The RepairsUniverse team designed a take apart repair guide to show how to disassemble the Sony Ericsson Vivaz smartphone quickly and safely. This written guide has been put together to help you install replacement parts to repair your damage phone.
This guide will help you install the following Sony Ericsson Vivaz parts(s):
- Sony Ericsson Vivaz Touch Screen Replacement
- Sony Ericsson Vivaz LCD Screen Replacement
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- T4 Torx Screwdriver
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Repair)
Take apart repair guide:
- Remove the back cover, battery, sim card, and the memory card.
- Use a T4 Torx Screwdriver to remove 3 screws and the Small Phillips Screwdriver to remove 2 screws, as shown in Figure 1.
- Remove the front top bezel by simply using a safe open pry tool. The power button will also come away once the front top bezel is removed. Pry both of the side bezels at this time.
- Pry the top back cover to remove the camera cover.
- You can now disconnect the three (3) connection, as shown below by simply prying off or lifting using safe pry tool.
- Pull the top of the motherboard towards you to reveal another ribbon connector, circled with red.ï¿½ Disconnect the ribbon cable to fully separate the top circuit board.
- Next, use a heat gun or hair dryer to warm the adhesive holding the screen assembly to the front housing. Use medium heat on the front of the screen, consistently moving around the screen edges. This should take no longer than 1 minute.
- With the touch screen removed, the LCD screen can now be levered at the very bottom center of the screen. The LCD screen is attached with adhesive so apply heat before trying to lift the screen out.
Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.