HTC Wildfire Take Apart Repair Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
View the downloadable version of our how to fix your HTC Wildfire screen guide.
This RepairsUniverse repair guide shows how to take apart and disassemble the HTC Wildfire cell phone. We go through the steps required to quickly and safely open your phone and install a replacement glass touch screen digitizer or LCD part. This guide has been designed and put together by the RepairsUniverse team.
This guide will help you to install the following HTC Wildfire replacement parts:
- HTC Wildfire Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Replacement
- HTC Wildfire LCD Screen Replacement Display
- and other HTC Wildfire Replacement Parts
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Torx T5 Screwdriver
- Adhesive Stips ( For Touch Screen Digitizer)
HTC Wildfire Take Apart Repair Guide:
- Step one is to remove the back battery cover, battery, and memory card. Once that is done remove the six (6) screws located in the back housing.
- Step two; remove the antenna cover located at the bottom part of the phone.
- Next step is use a safe open pry tool to pry off the back housing and then remove the housing from the phone.
- The back housing is now totally removed and the two (2) screws are now visible. Remove the two (2) screws at the upper left and lower right portion.
- Use the safe pry tool to remove the 3 cables. Remove the motherboard by lifting up using the safe pry tool.
- Remove the flex ribbon cable of the touchscreen digitizer.
- Warm the LCD screen to separate from the touch screen digitizer. Use heat gun or hair dryer to every corner.
- You can now heat the front of the screen assembly to warm the adhesive. Use a heat gun or hair dryer on a medium setting for about 45 seconds, using quick movements around the outside edges.
- Use a safe open pry tool to pry between the touch screen digitizer and front frame, carefully releasing it from the housing. Reheat if necessary.
- Carefully release the touch screen flex cable from the back of the screen assembly and feed it through the housing to fully remove the digitizer.
- You can now replace the touch screen digitizer or LCD.
Applying Adhesive to the Touch Screen Digitizer:
Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.