iPad 4 Take Apart Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
This take apart guide is for the iPad 4. Nearly identical to the iPad 3, the 4 does have a few minor differences when taking it apart, however replacing the screen will be the exact same process as its predecessor. Following this guide will insure a quick and secure repair is made on your touch screen or LCD screen.
This guide will help you to install the following iPad 4 parts:
- iPad 4 Touch Screen & Home Button Assembly
- iPad 4 Touch Screen - Black
- iPad 4 Touch Screen - White
- iPad 4 LCD Screen
- Other iPad 4 Parts and Accessories
iPad 4 take apart guide:
- To remove the screen we must use a heat gun or hair dryer on a medium setting to warm the adhesive around the edges of the touch screen. This should take 45-60 seconds to warm the adhesive properly.
- Using your iPad opening tool, insert the edge into a corner of the tablet. Gently slide the opening tool along the edges, releasing the adhesive. You will need to reheat the screen several times to keep the adhesive warm while removing the touch screen.
- Continue working your way around the edges until the majority of the adhesive is released. We can then lift the touch screen from the rest of the device.
- Use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove the four screws shown in figure 2.
- We can now lift the LCD screen, as shown in figure 3, and access the three jaw connections.
- Lift the clip of the jaw connecter up and remove the ribbon on each connection.
- Release the adhesive holding the digitizer flex cable and the LCD flex cable to the device.
- Either screen can now be removed and replaced.
RepairsUniverse does not accept any liability for damage, or injury caused, while you are following our disassemble guides. We make no representations, warranties, or conditions of any kind, express or implied. Utilizing these guides to assist you in repairing your mobile devices will void your warranty. RepairsUniverse strictly prohibits altering or modifying our teardown guides for commercial use, reproduction, or publication