LG Fathom VS750 Screen Repair & Take Apart Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
This is the take apart video for the LG Fathom. This guide will walk you through the steps necessary to disassemble and replace the LCD screen as well as other internal parts. Following this guide will insure a quick and safe repair.
This guide is aimed at helping you replace the following LG Fathom repair parts:
LG Fathom screen take apart repair guide:
We recommend watching the below video from start to finish before starting the repair, and then pausing / rewinding and reviewing when needed.
Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.
Applying Adhesive to the Touch Screen Digitizer:
Main Repair Points:
- Remove the back cover, battery, sim card, and memory card. Locate and remove the 6 small phillips screws in the back cover. Use a safe pry tool to un-clip the back cover and remove it.
- Locate the 2 phillips screws on the metal back plate and remove them. Open the phone slightly and release the pop connector located in the middle.
- There are 4 small phillips screws that will need to be removed. Once done, the keyboard board can be taken off. Under that are 4 rubber caps located in the corner edges. Use a flat head to take off the caps and remove the screws underneath.
- Pry along the outside edges with a safe pry tool and then gently pull through the flex cable. Peel the adhesive covering the alligator clip and un-pop that clip and the pop clip located next to it.
- Pull the adhesive from the flex cable up and away from the LCD screen. Pry along the edges to release the clips and remove the LCD screen.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.