LG Spectrum 2 VS930 Take Apart Repair Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
Do you have a LG Spectrum 2 VS930 with a damaged touch screen or broken LCD display? No matter how damage was caused to your Spectrum 2, this detailed repair guide will help get your smartphone working like new again! By following this detailed step-by-step guide you can safely and effectively repair some of the most common types of damage on your Spectrum 2 yourself!
This guide will help you install the following LG Spectrum 2 VS930 part (s):
- LG Spectrum 2 Touch Screen Digitizer Replacment
- LG Spectrum 2 LCD Screen Replacement
- other internal parts
Spectrum 2 VS930 Repair Guide:
How to fix a LG Spectrum 2 (Step-by-Step Guide) :
- Start your repair by fully powering off your Spectrum 2.
- Remove the back battery cover. You can now remove the battery, sim card, and memory card from your device.
- Use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove the twelve (12) screws loated on the back housing.
- Now that the screws are removed you can now use a safe open pry tool and begin releasing the clips on the back housing. Insert your pry tool into the seam and apply pressure to begin releasing all the clips. Glide the tool around the outside edges until all the clips are released and you are able to remove the back housing.
- The motherboard is now fully exposed, allowing us to release all ten (10) connections on the motherboard (figure 2). With all cables released you will be able to gently lift the motherboard out of the device.
- Now you can remove the three (3) small Phillips screws from the lower device. 2 will be holding in a metal cover for the USB port and the other will be located at the very bottom near the lower flex cable. With these screws and the metal cover removed you can now release the large flex cable from the device. Be careful as it is held in place with adhesive.
- We can now remove the black sticker (in the battery bay) and release the long LCD flex cable from under it.
- Use a pry tool to now release the mid frame from the front frame. Apply pressure on both sides and release the frame.
- With the midframe removed we can now access the LCD screen. It is held in place with a small amount of adhesive, so gently pull up on the flex cable to remove the LCD screen.
- We are now left with the digitizer and front frame. Use a heat gun or hair dryer to begin heating the front of the screen assembly. This will warm the adhesive and allow you to separate the touch screen from the front housing easier.
- Use medium heat for around 30 seconds, constantly moving. Once heated, use a pry tool to gently pry the glass touch screen away from the housing.
- You can now replace the touch screen on your Spectrum 2 VS930.
Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.
Applying Adhesive to the Touch Screen Digitizer:
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.