Nokia Lumia 1520 Take Apart Repair Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
The repair techs at RepairsUniverse have written a comprehensive Teardown Repair Guide for the Nokia Lumia 1520. The detailed instructions will show you step by step on how to take apart your Lumia to replace a damaged display assembly and/or small defective internal components. (i.e. battery, front/rear camera, dock port assembly, vibrator motor, home button, loudspeaker,etc).
Visit our Lumia 1520 parts page to find high quality replacement parts and tools for your Lumia 1520 smartphone. Doing the repair yourself is a popular and inexpensive solution for a broken phone.
- T2 Torx Screwdriver
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Spudger Opening Tool
- Fine Point Tweezers
- SIM Card Tray Removal Tool
- Slim Metal Opening Tool
- Heat Gun
Nokia Lumia 1520 Screen Replacement & Repair Guide
Nokia Lumia 1520 Teardown Guide
Lumia Repair Service: If after reading our guide and you are hesitant about completing the repair yourself, we have experienced repair technicians that can correctly diagnose and restore your phone to working order. We offer 100% repair guarantee and a quick turnaround time, all at an affordable price. Call 866-925-2350 between 9am and 5pm PST or visit our Repair Service Page for more information.
- Use the SIM card ejection tool, or a paperclip, to remove the micro SD and SIM card trays (located on the side of the Nokia handset).
- Next, remove the single T2 torx screw that secures the rear cover to the Lumia 1520 (located between the micro SD and SIM card tray slots).
- Utilize the iSesamo opening tool, or a plastic pry tool, to begin separating the rear cover from the Lumia 1520. Release the first series of clips and then continue working around the perimeter of the Nokia handset until the rear cover is completely removed.
- Now, use a heat gun or blow dryer to soften the adhesive securing the headphone jack to the rear cover. With the fine-tip curved tweezers peel the headphone jack up and out of the Nokia Lumia 1520.
- Locate the two coaxial plug connectors (marked with open orange circles). Use the fine-tip curved tweezers, or the spudger, to disconnect them from the motherboard.
- Next, locate and remove the six small Phillips screws (#00) that secure the motherboard to the Lumia 1520 (marked with closed orange circles).
- There are two protective plates covering a series of connectors that need to be removed. The plate in the bottom right corner, you can lift up and away from the motherboard. The plate located in the bottom left corner, slide in the direction of the orange arrows (see image) to remove it from the Nokia Lumia 1520 motherboard.
- Now, use the spudger or the tweezers to gently pry up the wafer connections that were located under a protective cover.
- With all of the connections and securing screws removed, you can now maneuver the motherboard out of the Lumia smartphone.
Rear Facing Camera
- On the bottom of the motherboard locate the rear-facing camera connection. Use the fine-tip curved tweezers to disconnect the camera and remove it from the Nokia handset.
- Use the heat gun or blow dryer to soften the adhesive that secures the battery to the center of the Nokia Lumia 1520. Then, insert the flat side of the spudger underneath the battery and gently pry it up and out of the smartphone.
Micro USB Dock Port Assembly and Loudspeaker
- Locate and remove the four small Phillips screws (#00) that secure the micro USB dock port and loudspeaker in place (marked with orange circles).
- Next, use the plastic opening tool, or the spudger, to gently pry up and remove the micro USB dock port assembly and loudspeaker from the Lumia 1520.
Power and Volume Buttons Cable
- Use a heat gun or a blow dryer to soften the adhesive securing the power and volume buttons cable in place. Then, with the fine-tip curved tweezers gently remove the power and volume buttons cable from the side of the Nokia handset.
- Use the fine-tip curved tweezers to lift up and remove the earpiece speaker from its housing.
- Use a heat gun or a blow dryer to soften the adhesive securing the vibrator in place. Then with the fine-tip curved tweezers lift and remove the vibrator from the Lumia 1520 smartphone.
RepairsUniverse does not accept any liability for damage, or injury caused, while you are following our disassemble guides. We make no representations, warranties, or conditions of any kind, express or implied. Utilizing these guides to assist you in repairing your mobile devices will void your warranty. RepairsUniverse strictly prohibits altering or modifying our teardown guides for commercial use, reproduction, or publication