Samsung Continuum i400 Screen Repair Take Apart Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
In this video brought to you by the RepairsUniverse team, we show the steps required to fully disassemble your Samsung Continuum i400. This in-depth guide will show basic disassembly and how to replace the glass touch screen digitizer and AMOLED (LCD) screen combo.
This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Continuum i400 part(s):
Samsung Continuum i400 apart guide:
We recommend watching the below video from start to finish before starting the repair, and then pausing / rewinding and reviewing when needed.
Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.
Samsung Continuum i400 Screen Repair Summary:
This is a written summary of the repair guide. Following this guide in correlation with the video will insure proper instructions are given.
- First remove the back cover and the battery from the phone. Next remove the six small phillips screws. Once the screws are removed, use a safe pry tool to release the clips along the sides of the casing. Once the clips have been release you can remove the back housing from the rest of the phone.
- Next ease the motherboard up slightly to allow access to the ribbon cable underneath the motherboard. Release this ribbon connector using a safe pry tool or screwdriver. With the ribbon released, you can now open the phone. Careful as the motherboard is still connected.
- Using a safe pry tool release the ribbon clip, put the mother board on the side but be careful as it is still connected. Next, ease out the volume button. You will now be able to fully remove the motherboard from the rest of the phone.
- You can now release the jaw connector on the back of the screen releasing the flex cable. Do this using a safe open pry tool to release the small flap on the back side of the connector.
- Next using a hot hair dryer or heat gun, warm the front of the screen along the sides on the top to the bottom to warm the adhesive which is holding the screen to the frame of the phone. Use a safe pry tool to pry the glass away from the frame of the phone.
- Ease the ribbon cables through the hole so that we can remove the screen, once the screen removed you can now replace it.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.