Microsoft Zune 120GB Take Apart Repair Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
This guide will help you take apart the Zune 120 GB in a step by step manner giving you a chance to replace faulty or broken parts. Once you have replaced the parts you want, the guide can be used in reverse to put everything back together again.
This guide should help you replace the following parts:
- Zune 120GB LCD Screen Replacement
- Zune 120GB Battery Replacement
- Zune 120GB Motherboard Replacement
- Zune 120GB Front Cover Replacement
Zune 120GB Take Apart Repair Guide
- Unlike the previous generation Zune you don't have to remove any screws in order to open it up. All you need to do is to insert the Premium Triangle Safe Open Pry Tool between the front and back of the panel and run it down slightly until the cover is knocked lose and can be opened. The first step will be to remove the hard drive. You will need to use the T4 Torx screwdriver to remove the hard drive.
- Now that you can see the board you will need to take the antenna wires and the battery out from their insert points.
- You will now need to remove two additional screws on the dock port using the small Philips screwdriver and then remove the antennae and ZIF cable. At this point the battery can also be lifted up from the board and put aside. You can also carefully lift the board up to remove the clips that hold the LCD's ribbon in place.
- Using the Premium Triangle Safe Open Pry Tool just pop open the LCD assembly from the panel.
- You should now be able to easily lift the keyboard out and put it aside.
- The next step is to use the small Phillips screwdriver to remove the two screws at the bottom and the top of the LCD.
There you have it the Zune 120 GB is completely disassembled. You can now replace old or faulty parts prior to putting everything back together following this guide in reverse.
These replacement instructions are for informational purposes only. These are published on the http://www.repairsuniverse.com web site free of charge and without any kind of warranty. We will not accept any liability for damage or injury caused whilst following this guide.
We strictly prohibit any alteration or modification of the format or presentation of this guide for inclusion within other web sites and publications or otherwise. If you would like to make this guide available to other people, please do so by way of a hyperlink.