Motorola Defy Repair Guide
June 4, 2018 | 0 Comments
View the downloadable version of our How to fix your Motorola Defy screen guide.
Our take apart repair guide will show you how to disassemble the Motorola Defy quickly and safely. This guide was designed by the Repairs Universe team and can help you replace a cracked or damaged touch screen glass digitizer, and damaged and faulty LCD display screens, as well as other internal faulty parts.
Motorola Defy Take apart guide:
- Remove the back cover and the battery from the phone; now remove the nine screws using the T5 torx screwdriver. There are 9 screws to be removed, 2 at the bottom, 3 on the left side, 3 on the right side and 1 on top.
- Using a safe open pry tool, gently separate the back case. Once the side is loosened, slowly push forward the motherboard to completely separate the back case.
- Using a safe open pry tool, remove the rubber on top of the motherboard. Disconnect the two pop connectors to separate the motherboard. Remove the motherboard
- Using a safe open pry tool, gently separate the LCD. Remove the LCD from the rest of the phone.
- Remove the rubber lining from the front housing and touch screen digitizer.
- Using a heat gun, heat the sides of the front casing to ease off the adhesive. Pry the touch screen out from the housing.
- You can now replace the touch screen digitizer or LCD screen and reassemble your Defy.
Applying Adhesive to the Touch Screen Digitizer:
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only. Please click here for details.
Learn about restrictions on reproduction and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.